Friday, 29 June 2012

Ledgers and reports, oh my!

So it's painfully obvious that, even ignoring learning curve issues/lack of documentation, my game is really hard to play.

I've gotten all three 'reports' lists working: a list of all ships, a list of all worlds and a list of events. The former two even have a choice of three filters. The addition of colour-coding to the event reporter seems to have fixed -some- of the issues... and now it's possible to use the ship report to find only idle ships.

I am still unsure.

Saturday, 23 June 2012

"Who wrote this silly code..."

It's been, well, months now since the eagerly awaited C++0x came out and I have found that I have looked into none of it. Partly out of my promise to finish my Python game. Partly because of exam stress.

Still, despite making good progress writing DuelFieldStars as a sprint I find myself, more and more, longing to really get back into C++ code and staring at my Python wondering who wrote this silly code...